How to shop Tax Free in Ireland
- Go shopping and get your Tax Free form
- If your form states a single purchase amount of over €2,000 you must receive Customs approval at the airport. For all purchases below this value, no approval is needed.
- Return your Tax Free form to Planet Tax Free and get your refund
Shoppers eligible for VAT / Sales Tax refunds:
Where to get Customs approval:
At your last point of departure from the EU. Customs approval is only needed in Ireland for single purchases over the value of €2,000.
Time limit for returning goods to home country:
3 months after the month of purchase.
Required for Customs approval:
- Fully Completed Tax Free form
- Purchased goods
- Purchase receipts
- Travel Documents
- At the airport, please allow enough time for Customs approval process before your flight departs.
- If you are leaving the EU from Dublin or Shannon airports and you have a single item over the value of €2,000 please call Customs using the courtesy phones for your stamped approval, you will need to present your Tax Free form and the original purchase receipt (have passport, purchased items and flight ticket with you for inspection). If Customs are not available, proceed to the Premier Tax Free airport desk for assistance.
- If you are departing an Irish airport but changing flights at another EU airport, and if the goods you are exporting are to be checked through to a destination outside the EU, go to Customs at the Irish airport and your Tax Free form will be Customs approved as if you were at the EU departure point.
- It is also possible to return your Tax Free form from outside of the EU however you will first need to receive stamped approval from a notary public, local Customs or police officer (quoting their badge and precinct).